This cookbook focuses on lunch and snack ideas, which the twins have loved. They like to flip through and look at the photos to figure out what to make next. How cool is it that they are excited to try new recipes?!
This easy PB&J recipe was a big hit. Olivia likes her peanut butter sammies "Elvis style" and the other two ladies like theirs normal. By toasting it up in the waffle maker, everyone can have their favorite sandwiches in a snap.
Catherine was nice enough to let the Stonyfield YoGetters share a recipe from the book! For more great lunch ideas, you're going to have to enter the contest!
Whole Grain Granola Fruit Bars
- 1.5 cups whole-wheat flour
- 1.5 cups quick cooking oats (or rolled oats)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1.5 sticks of unsalted butter, chopped into 1/2 inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons of cold water
- 3/4 cup fruit preserves (we went through a small jar)
- Preheat oven to 350
- In a food processor, combine flour, oats, brown sugar and salt. Pulse for 30-45 seconds.
- Add butter and water. Pulse until dough holds together when pressed.
- Spray a 9 x 13 pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment paper and spray with cooking oil.
- Divide dough in half and press half onto the pan, using a spatula.
- Spread the preserves on top of dough.
- Press the remaining dough on top.
- Bake 45 minutes, or until brown. Ours took about an hour.
- Cut into bars. Makes around 12-16 bars, depending cut.
Other great recipes inside:
- Fruit Leather
- Whole-wheat crackers
- Honey Cinnamon roasted chickpeas (So addicting!)
- Eggplant burgers
- Veg-wee dip (made with yogurt!)
Enter the rafflecopter below to win: a copy of Weelicious Lunches and a packet of coupons for free Stonyfield products!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Note: I will be verifying all entries. Any invalid ones will be removed. If you have any questions about how to use the Rafflecopter, please ask!
What creative lunch ideas do you have?