Tonight was one of those nights where I had no ideas for dinner. When that happens, it's brinner time! AKA: breakfast for dinner, if you didn't watch Scrubs. Shame on you, by the way! It was an amazing show!
I realized that we were out of pancake mix, so I came up with a new idea for the ladies. When I was in college, my roommate Kim made these eggs she called "bird's nests" and they were so amazing. You get toast and eggs in one pop!
This is a great meal to have your kids help with!
Here's what you need (pretty self explanatory...):
- Cookie cutter
- Keep the shape simple. We tried a hand and it was a mess.
- Butter the toast on both sides
- Cut a shape out of the middle with a cookie cutter.
- Add both to a pan over medium-high heat. Make sure to spray it!
- Crack an egg in the middle of the toast. Season with S + P.
- Flip after 2-3 minutes
What's your favorite brinner meal?