I love avocado, especially in the warmer months. Something about summer and guacamole outside is the perfect combo, don't you think?
I have posted a guac recipe before, but I thought it is a great time to get people read for May 5! Or when you have a BBQ, make this and you'll be loved by everyone. You can buy your chips, or make these quick and easy ones. Once you start making your chips with corn tortillas at home, store bought chips will taste super salty. My favorite tortillas are Mission Extra Thin corn, they make the best chips.
Ingredients: (double for a party!)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 lemon or lime (for juice)
- Mrs. Dash's Fiesta Lime or a packet of guacamole seasoning (by taco seasonings)
- 1 cup cooked peas
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- Jalapeno pepper, to taste, chopped
- 1-2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- In a food chopper or blender, add: avocado, peas and citrus juice. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop into a bowl, mix in peppers and onion. Season and mix well.
- You can also add 1/4 cup Greek yogurt to make a thicker dip
Now you are ready for Cinco de Mayo!