Quick & Easy "light" Margarita
- Crystal Light or Target brand Margarita powder
- Diet lemon/lime (I like 7up)
- Tequila of choice. I would say go for at least a $10 bottle.
- Orange & lime for garnish
- In a pitcher, mix Margarita mix with 3 cups of cold water. That's all of the prep you need. I guess you could also slice your citrus now. If you have a crowd, make 2 packets with 6 cups of water.
- Fill a glass with ice. If you want to salt the rims, more power to ya!
- Add 2 shots of tequila (more or less to taste)
- 1 cup of margarita mix
- Top with 7up (about 1/4 cup).
- Garnish with orange and lime. For a touch of sweetness, add a teaspoon of agave nectar (or splenda). Ricky likes a splash of Trop50 orange juice too.
UPDATE: For a blended margarita (very tasty!)
- 3 cups of ice
- the drink mix (margarita powder with 3 cups of water)
- 1 cup tequila
- 1/2 cup orange juice
Try it and let me know what you think!
Want a nice healthier snack with your margs?