I discovered this recipe last year and made it for a quick chocolate fix while I was pregnant. I thought I would re-post for anyone looking for a simple dessert recipe for their special someone on Valentine's Day.
The first recipe is from the February 2011 Woman's Day Magazine (don't look at the nutrition info... just tell yourself its fat free). Who knew molten cakes were so easy to make!
(I tried to make it look pretty....)
4 Tbsp unsalted butter, plus some for ramekins*
1 Tbsp flour, plus some for ramekins
1/3 cup bittersweet choc chips (I used semisweet and it was fine...I am going to try peanut butter chips next!)
1 large egg, plus one yolk
2 Tbsp sugar
*It calls for 2- 6oz ramekins, which I don't have. I used Pyrex 1 cup glass dishes and those worked great!
1. Heat oven to 450 & butter/flour 2- 6oz ramekins
2. Heat butter & chocolate in the microwave in 20 second intervals until melted (I would say about 1 minute)
3. Use a mixer and blend eggs & sugar until smooth, add chocolate mixture and flour
4. Pour into ramekins and bake until center is jiggly (8-10 minutes). Let stand about 1 minute and run knife around edges.
5. Invert onto a plate. No, this is NOT easy at first. Also, dont put the ice cream (which you must have with this!) on the plate BEFORE you do this. It's easier to put the plate on top, then flip. Trust me.
Enjoy! This is making my mouth water... I may have to make this sometime soon.
Once again, this is from Woman's Day Magazine, not an original recipe!