Passport to Adventure follows Mickey, Minnie, Daisy, Donald and Goofy on an adventure around the world.
First, they head to the jungle to visit Simba and the Lion King gang. My favorite was the next adventure under the sea with Little Mermaid. Warning: the large Ursula was a bit scary for Gabby, but a quick reminder that it's all make believe helped.
Next, the gang was in Hawaii with Lilo and Stitch! Gabby loved the hula dancers and Elvis music! The intermission was a perfect chance to stretch and take a bathroom break. It lasts about 15 minutes, so you have plenty of time.
The final trip was to London with Peter Pan and Tinkerbell. The girls absolutely LOVED the flying and Captain Hook.
Each trip has many of your favorite Disney songs and amazing ice skating. I don't know how they do those tricks in those costumes! The girls oooh-ed and ahhh-ed many times. We had a wonderful adventure with the Disney gang and three tired little ladies on the way home. I truly love how Disney on Ice helps create memories for our family. During the show, they encourage you to sing and dance along with your favorite characters--I even caught Ricky singing along.
- The show is almost 2 hours, with one intermission. Be sure to eat and make a bathroom trip BEFOREHAND.
- The snacks and treats can get expensive. Popcorn was $4 each and lasted the whole show. Get a water, though--it's quite salty!
- Bring gum. It quenches thirst, but doesn't fill up the bladder!
- Dress in layers. The ladies had their princess dresses on, with long leggings and shirts underneath. It's not super cold, but I was glad I had my scarf on!
- Consider wearing costumes to make it special. Even Minnie ears are fun! I felt the costumes also distracted the girls from wanting to buy all of the expensive souvenirs! I saw some fun Disney crowns and costume accessories in the Dollar Spot at Target.
- Seat placement isn't really an issue. You can see well from all areas of the venue! We were up on the balcony area and it was perfect!
Disney on Ice Passport to Adventure will be here in Grand Rapids this weekend. There are still tickets left, if interested!
If you're not in this area, check to see when Disney on Ice will be in your neighborhood!